• Handles fast-moving targets and high currents
• Small, lightweight and can be deployed from any surface or subsurface platform, helicopter or maritime patrol aircraft
• Can be controlled from a variety of surface, subsurface or aircraft platforms
• Delivers live feedback of images and acoustic sensor data
• Built-in intelligence for automatic operation; can be overridden by the operator
• Clear optical images for identification / classification in all conditions
• Remote feedback and control via surface buoy radio
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Remora features fully automatic operation from launch to target. A bidirectional fiber-optic link provides a two-camera, real-time video link to the remote operator, who can manually override any Remora control.
• Remora's streamlined design, along with vectored thrust propulsion and steering, results in stable, controlled operation ï¿½ even in high currents and turbulent waters.
• Rugged design and construction allows deploymentfrom surface ships, subsurface craft, helicopters, RHIBs and any GPS-equipped platform.
• On command, Remora "tags" the target with an acoustic pinger to facilitate tracking and relocation. A magnetic mechanism ensures the integrity of the "tag."
• L3's new special thruster design and high-power electric motor propel the Remora to speeds over 20 knots ï¿½ enough to handle any current up to 6 knots while performing necessary target maneuvers.
• Advanced low-light video cameras generate real-time, clear optical images of the target.
• Remora uses a proven radio link to send live images to, and provide control from, a remote facility.
• GPS navigation on the surface buoy, short baseline acoustic positioning and a Doppler velocity log ensure absolute positional accuracy at all times.
• Fully automatic operation ï¿½ typically hands-off from launch to target identification
• Multiple payloads available
• Rugged and reliable
• Fast ï¿½ up to 20 knots