L3 MAPPS are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Everyone has rights with regard to the way in which their personal data is handled. During the course of our activities L3 MAPPS will collect, store and process personal data about our customers, suppliers and other third parties, and L3 MAPPS recognise that the correct and lawful treatment of this data will maintain confidence in the organisation and will provide for successful business operations.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data L3 MAPPS collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how L3 MAPPS will treat it.
For the purpose of UK data protection laws, the data controller is L3 MAPPS Ltd, 920 Hempton Court, Park Avenue, Aztec West, Bristol, BS32 4SR.
Data Protection Principles
When processing your information, L3 MAPPS must comply with the six enforceable principles of good practice. These provide that your personal data must be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner,
- processed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes,
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary,
- accurate and kept up-to-date,
- kept for no longer than is necessary, and
- processed in a manner than ensures appropriate security.
Information You Give To Us
You may give L3 MAPPS information, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, job title and employer by:
- filling in forms on our website
- submitting a job application
- participating in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website
- giving L3 MAPPS your business card,
- entering a competition, promotion or survey organised by us, or
- corresponding with L3 MAPPS by phone, email, letters or otherwise.
L3 MAPPS may use the information you give to L3 MAPPS for a number of different purposes. For each purpose, L3 MAPPS are required to confirm the ‘legal basis’ that allows L3 MAPPS to use your information, as follows:
|Purposes for which L3 MAPPS will use the information you give to us||Legal basis|
To register you as a new customer, supplier or other party with whom L3 MAPPS enter into a contract
It will be necessary in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract between you and us
To process your instructions and provide goods and services to you
It will be necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us
Where you are acting as a representative of a company or organisation, L3 MAPPS may process your information in the course of communicating with that company or organisation, and providing goods and services to that company or organisation
It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests, namely with a view to performing our contractual obligations
To collect and recover money owed to us
It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests, namely to ensure L3 MAPPS receive payment for goods and services L3 MAPPS have provided
In cases where you have supplied your contact information to L3 MAPPS with an expectation that L3 MAPPS may contact you, L3 MAPPS may do so in the course of communicating with your company or organisation with a view to providing goods and services to that company or organisation
It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests
To communicate with you via telephone, email or letter or otherwise
It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests, namely to conduct day-to-day business communications with you as a representative of your company or organisation.
To process a request for you to visit our premises
It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests to ensure that L3 MAPPS comply with customer contract requirements
L3 MAPPS will only use your personal information for the purpose(s) for which L3 MAPPS collected it, unless L3 MAPPS reasonably consider that L3 MAPPS need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If L3 MAPPS need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, L3 MAPPS will notify you and L3 MAPPS will explain the legal basis which allows L3 MAPPS to do so. Please note that L3 MAPPS may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
It is also a contractual requirement for you to provide L3 MAPPS with certain information. If you do not provide L3 MAPPS with that information, then L3 MAPPS may not be able to continue to provide goods and services to you, or to the company or organisation you represent. All other information you give L3 MAPPS is given entirely as your discretion. If you do not provide that information, then L3 MAPPS may not be able to make contact with you in order to discuss legitimate business interests.
Information L3 MAPPS Collect About You From Other Sources
When you visit our website, L3 MAPPS may collect information about you (such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform).
When you visit our premises, L3 MAPPS may collect information about you such as CCTV footage through our security cameras in and around our building, your name, the company or organisation that you represent, and your vehicle registration information. L3 MAPPS may also collect information about you by conducting searches of public records (eg. Companies House, electoral roll, DVLA database), or in the process of confirming your identity via our online ID verification provider.
L3 MAPPS may use the information L3 MAPPS collect about you for a number of different purposes. For each purpose, L3 MAPPS are required to confirm the ‘legal basis’ that allows L3 MAPPS to use your information, as follows:
|Purposes for which L3 MAPPS will process the information||Legal basis for the processing|
To administer our website and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising L3 MAPPS serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you and to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests to ensure that you receive the best experience possible when accessing and using our website.
To obtain further information about you, any organisation you represent, with a view to L3 MAPPS entering into a contract with you or the organisation you represent
It will be necessary for our legitimate business interests to ensure L3 MAPPS are fully aware of all issues relating to the matter that is the subject of the legal services you have requested from us.
To maintain a secure and safe working environment
In some instances, it will be necessary in order for L3 MAPPS to comply with the legal obligations placed on L3 MAPPS under UK employment and/or health and safety law. Where that is not the case, it will be necessary for our legitimate business interests to ensure that L3 MAPPS have a safe environment for our staff to work in
You can change the settings on your internet browser to restrict the amount of information that L3 MAPPS can collect when you visit our website. If you do not allow L3 MAPPS to collect this information, then L3 MAPPS may be unable to offer you the best experience possible when accessing and using our website.
Special Category Data
During the course of dealing with you, L3 MAPPS may collect information about you relating to your criminal convictions and/or nationality.
This is most likely to occur, for example, if you have been shortlisted for a role within our organisation or if you require unescorted access to our facilities.
L3 MAPPS will use any ‘special category’ data that L3 MAPPS collect about you:
- provided L3 MAPPS have your explicit consent to use it, or
- where the data is required in order to carry out security checks
- where L3 MAPPS believe that L3 MAPPS need to use that data to protect your vital interests where you are not able to provide L3 MAPPS with your explicit consent, or
- where you have previously made that data public knowledge, or
- where it is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest (for example, detecting or preventing crime), or;
- where it is necessary to protect the public from improper conduct, incompetence, mismanagement or failures in service, or;
- L3 MAPPS need to use that data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Disclosure Of Your Information
You agree that L3 MAPPS have the right to share your personal information with:
- HM Revenue & Customs, the Information Commissioner’s Office and any other regulatory bodies which govern any part of our business;
- our auditors and quality assurance assessors;
- Google Analytics through cookies, SAP and other online cloud providers; and
- selected third parties including business partners, customers, suppliers and sub-contractors to the extent L3 MAPPS reasonably consider that it is in your best interests for L3 MAPPS to do so, or it is necessary for our legitimate business interests.
L3 MAPPS will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that L3 MAPPS enter into negotiations to sell or buy any business or assets, in which case L3 MAPPS will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; business or assets;
- to any division, sector, segment or company within the L3 MAPPS group.
- if L3 MAPPS or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about you will be one of the assets transferred to the third party; or
Identifying You As A Customer
If you are a business client, L3 MAPPS may identify you as a client of the firm in our marketing material or in legal directories, although L3 MAPPS will never publicly disclose any confidential information about your legal matters without having obtained your prior consent. If you do not agree to L3 MAPPS identifying you as a customer of the firm, please notify L3 MAPPS by writing to the address at the top of this policy, or by emailing L3 MAPPS atGDPR.mapps@L3Harris.com.
Where L3 MAPPS Stores Your Personal Data
Information you provide to L3 MAPPS is stored on our secure servers or lockable cabinets in the United Kingdom or in SAP secure servers in Germany.
Where information is transferred to L3 Technologies Inc. or L3Harris, it will be stored on secure services in the United States. Transfer is governed by the use of L3 Data Transfer Agreements.
L3 MAPPS will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely, including taking the following safeguards:
- Entry controls. Access to all our premises is by proximity card, issued only to approved employees, consultants, contractor, agency workers or customers.
- SAP Access Controls. Access to data within SAP is restricted to user permissions.
- Secure lockable desks and cupboards. Desks and cupboards should be kept locked when not in use if they hold sensitive information of any kind;
- Methods of disposal. Paper documents will be shredded, and electronic files permanently deleted from company servers, when no longer required, removable media will be shredded;
- Equipment. Personnel must ensure that individual monitors do not show sensitive information to passers-by and that they lock or log-off from their computer when it is unattended;
- Access to data. Members of staff who access personal data must adhere to the Information Security Classification Policy  at all times;
- Network controls. Approved controls through internal processes, certified to ISO27001;
- Overseas transfers. Whenever L3 MAPPS transfers your personal information outside the United Kingdom, L3 MAPPS ensures a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that L3 MAPPS applies appropriate safeguards (either by transferring data only to recipients in the European Economic Area, to recipients in countries approved by the European Commission, to recipients that are party to the EU-US Privacy Shield, or by using specific contracts approved by the European Commission).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although L3 MAPPS will do our best to protect your personal data, L3 MAPPS cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once L3 MAPPS have received your information, L3 MAPPS will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Transferring data to non-EU countries
In certain cases, for the same purposes, your data will also be transferred to non-EU countries: in particular, your personal information may be transferred to L3 Technologies Inc. in the US, managing our IT infrastructure, systems, software and programs as data processor, as well as to L3Harris Corporation in the US, acting as data controller for business management and administration purposes. In such cases, your personal information is transferred outside the EU, and L3 MAPPS adopts the specific measures provided by the GDPR in order to protect your privacy, such as specific agreements which include the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the EU Commission or the subscription of the EU-US Privacy Shield for the data transfer to the US. You may request the indication of the countries to which the personal information is transferred as well as the specific privacy measures adopted by L3 MAPPS.
L3 MAPPS ensure that L3 MAPPS apply appropriate safeguards to the transfer of all personal data to the United States including, where appropriate, using legally-binding data protection clauses. L3 MAPPS will only transfer your personal data to the United States where:
- L3 MAPPS has your explicit consent, or;
- the transfer is necessary for L3 MAPPS to perform our obligations under your employment or service contract, or;
- the transfer is necessary for L3 MAPPS to perform our obligations under a contract between L3 MAPPS and another party where that contract is being performing in your interests, or;
- the transfer is necessary for important reasons of public interest, or to protect your or another person’s vital interests, or;
- L3 MAPPS needs to use that data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or;
- the personal data has been obtained by L3 MAPPS from an official publicly-available database or resource provided by the law to be consulted by the public in general or by any person who can demonstrate a legitimate interest.
Some of the data that L3 MAPPS collect from you may be transferred to third parties who will store the data at a destination outside the United Kingdom. If you are concerned about the levels of data security in those countries, please let L3 MAPPS know and L3 MAPPS will endeavour to advise what steps will be taken to protect your data when stored overseas.
How Long We Will Store Your Personal Data
The length of time that L3 MAPPS will store your data will depend on the ‘legal basis’ for why L3 MAPPS are using that data, as follows:
|Legal basis||Length of time|
Where L3 MAPPS use/store your data because it is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us
L3 MAPPS will use/store your data for as long as it is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us
Where L3 MAPPS use/store your data because it is necessary for L3 MAPPS to comply with a legal obligation to which L3 MAPPS are subject
L3 MAPPS will use/store your data for as long as it is necessary for L3 MAPPS to comply with our legal obligations
Where L3 MAPPS use/store your data because it is necessary for our legitimate business interests
L3 MAPPS will use/store your data until you ask L3 MAPPS to stop. However, if L3 MAPPS can demonstrate the reason why L3 MAPPS are using/storing your data overrides your interests, rights and freedoms, then L3 MAPPS will continue to use and store your data until L3 MAPPS no longer have a legitimate interest in using/storing your data
Where L3 MAPPS use/store your data because you have given L3 MAPPS your specific, informed and unambiguous consent
L3 MAPPS will use/store your data until you ask L3 MAPPS to stop
You have various legal rights in relation to the information you give us, or which L3 MAPPS collect about you, as follows:
- You have a right to access the information L3 MAPPS hold about you free-of-charge, together with various information about why and how L3 MAPPS are using your information, to whom L3 MAPPS may have disclosed that information, from where L3 MAPPS originally obtained the information and for how long L3 MAPPS will use your information.
- You have the right to ask L3 MAPPS to rectify any information L3 MAPPS hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to ask us to erase the information L3 MAPPS hold about you (the ‘right to be forgotten’). Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask L3 MAPPS to erase your information and L3 MAPPS are unable to do so, L3 MAPPS will explain why not.
- You have the right to ask L3 MAPPS to stop using your information where: (i) the information L3 MAPPS hold about you is inaccurate; (ii) L3 MAPPS are unlawfully using your information; (iii) L3 MAPPS no longer need to use the information; or (iv) L3 MAPPS do not have a legitimate reason to use the information. Please note that L3 MAPPS may continue to store your information, or use your information for the purpose of legal proceedings or for protecting the rights of any other person.
- You have the right to ask L3 MAPPS to transmit the information we hold about you to another person or company in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format. Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask L3 MAPPS to transmit your information and L3 MAPPS are unable to do so, L3 MAPPS will explain why not.
- Where L3 MAPPS use/store your information because it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, you have theright to object to us using/storing your information. L3 MAPPS will stop using/storing your information unless L3 MAPPS can demonstrate why L3 MAPPS believe L3 MAPPS have a legitimate business interest which overrides your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Where L3 MAPPS use/store your data because you have given L3 MAPPS your specific, informed and unambiguous consent, you have theright to withdraw your consent at any time.
- You have the right to object to L3 MAPPS using/storing your information for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights, please contact L3 MAPPS by writing to the address at the top of this policy, or by emailing L3 MAPPS at GDPR.mapps@L3Harris.com.
You also have the right, at any time, to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe L3 MAPPS are not complying with the laws and regulations relating to the use/storage of the information you give us, or that L3 MAPPS collect about you.
L3 MAPPS do not use automated decision-making processes.
Changes To Our Policy
Any changes L3 MAPPS make to our policy in the future will be posted on our website and, where appropriate, notified to you by post, email or via social media. Please check our website frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.
L3 MAPPS take your privacy and experience of our website and services seriously.
Our website provides information about our company, products and services. L3 MAPPS want to make your experience easy, safe and reliable. All over the internet, websites sometimes place small amounts of information on your computer to help tailor your experience. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally, nor can they retrieve information outside of the realm in which they are set.
These cookies are used to make our website easier to use, for example:
- to gauge interest in our services and information about our company;
- using the information gathered to identify how users navigate the site so that the site's structure can be improved to provide popular information more quickly.
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our website, or any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact the functionality of most websites.
- ASP.NET_SessionId. General purpose cookie, could be used for anything. Microsoft's explanation of this cookie.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out moreabout cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed. To do so write to the address at the top of this policy, or by emailing L3 MAPPS at GDPR.mapps@L3Harris.com.