Simulator Control Room Sound Generation
Orchid® Sound System (Orchid® SS) is L3 MAPPS’ application for simulating plant sounds in the main control room. Orchid® SS is designed to enhance simulations with a set of sounds played through the simulator sound system, allowing for a truly realistic training experience. Orchid® SS supports a variety of sounds and noises, from control room ventilation background noise, to the opening of Atmospheric Steam Valves or the winding up of the large Reactor Cooling Pumps.
Orchid® SS uses DirectX technology to play recorded “.wav” plant sounds automatically triggered by the simulation models. Orchid® SS allows the remote activation of these sounds in a continuous or single play-fashion. Special sound algorithms such as audio count rates are also supported.
- Multi-channel system
- Full control of individual sound volume and frequency
- Global sound volume control
- Client/server architecture
- Can be used in classroom simulators to provide full audible feedback
- Supports full range of sounds and noises
- Provides audibly realistic training sessions
- Inexpensive implementation of sound generator
- Supports use of off-the-shelf sound cards
- Can be connected to commercially available speaker systems