Simulator Input/Output Configuration and Graphical Diagnostics
Orchid® Input Output (Orchid® IO) is L3 MAPPS' software application for communication with the simulator control room hard panels. The I/O system drives a multitude of switches, lamps, meters and various other instruments available to the operators in the main control room. Orchid® IO provides users with full graphical control, monitoring, debugging, and reporting capabilities.
Orchid® IO is designed as a distributed application program, enabling the user to view information from any I/O chassis in the system. Using a graphical user interface, the user can obtain information on the I/O cards of a specific chassis and drill down to the individual I/O point level - the connector pins (analog input, analog output, digital input, and digital output) - to view or set individual point values. Orchid® IO is a state-of-the-art monitoring and debugging application, providing a greater amount of visibility and feedback into the I/O system than other I/O applications.
Orchid® IO supports several independent I/O platforms, including Datapath SC, VDMC, PCI-based, WAGO I/O, and Beckhoff systems. One of Orchid® IO’s strengths is that it can support any combination of these different I/O systems on a single network, allowing our customers to upgrade parts of their systems (just a few I/O chassis, for example) without requiring a full I/O replacement.
- Automatic reconnection if communication between chassis and simulator is severed
- Streamlined communication protocol transmitting only value changes after initial update
- Error checking and reporting at the chassis level, connector pins, or point level
- Detailed log of all I/O communication events
- Possibility of adding specific point traces and monitors
- Intrinsic support for devices with unwired positions
- Support for mathematical calculations directly within I/O system
- Provides unparalleled level of visibility and feedback on I/O system
- Equipped with tracing and debugging capabilities for quick troubleshooting and resolution of issues
- Eases integration with complex stimulated devices
- Automated regeneration of points database for quick and painless updates