L3 Communication Systems–West Recognized for Its Support of the Military
- Secretary of Defense Freedom Award Recipient for 2012
- Secretary of Defense Freedom Award Finalist for 2011
- Honorary Colonels Bronze Minute Man Award Recipient for 2015
- Large Employer of the Year – Employer Support of Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Utah for 2011 & 2012
- Pro Patria and Above and Beyond Award, ESGR for 2010
- 5-Star Award from Utah Employer Support of the Guard & Reserves for the past five years
Military Leave Policy
L3 provides salary continuation for those who are "Called to Duty" if their military income is less than their L3 salary.
L3 and the Military Community
Beyond our products, L3 demonstrates commitment to our troops with substantial community involvement and outreach efforts, including:
- Gold Sponsor for the National Paralyzed Veterans of America (2015)
- Primary donor for the Utah National Guard Charitable Trust Sub-for-Santa program for the last 5 years – donations primarily from L3 employees.
- CSW annually holds a Veterans Day Flag Raising event to honor veterans
- Member of the Salt Lake Chamber of Military Affairs Committee
- Sponsor of the Veterans Day Concert for last 5 years
- CSW recruits locally and nationally at military career fairs
- Supporter and sponsor to the National Ability Center military programs
- Hosted an Honor Flight homecoming for 66 WWII veterans in 2014 with over 1,500 in attendance
Your military experience makes a difference!
Many of our veteran employees worked on programs in the military that L3 supports through our DOD customers. At L3 CSW, 520 of our 3,543 employees are veterans. Additionally, many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel that provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
We also employ over 400 Field Service Representatives to DOD customers throughout the world, many who are former military servicemen/women.
"As a veteran and active military member, L3 is a place that supports me in my training and my federal and state responsibilities.
Being at L3 has given me a unique opportunity to see programs and products being built that I have used within my military service.
The work has provided me with a fun, hard-working, and motivated atmosphere that has driven me to progress in my work and personal endeavors."
– Financial Analyst